A lot of our customers think of us as a great service – and in a way – they’re right. Local car rental companies are kind of like disrupters in our industry. The small vs. big rental car company has been a thing for years, so we’d be remiss if we didn’t jump into the fray a bit and advocate for ourselves.
The first thing to remember about the big boys – is that everyone who you’ll have contact with – is a sales person. All of them.
- The guy who takes your reservations on the phone? Sales guy.
- The guy who works at the counter? Sales guy.
- The guy who works from home and works remotely to assist you while you’re out and about? Sales person.
Why? The answer is simple – the idea of the big box car rental companies is to maximize the cost of their rentals to drive revenue. Conversely – companies like ours are the opposite – we need you to have a good experience. If we don’t, we’re out of business. So the drive and motivations are almost completely different.
When you call a reservations line, that agent is not going to search for the best deal. He’s not going to remind you to use your loyalty card. He’s not going to hold you to reading the terms and conditions, either. They’re there to maximize revenue above all else.
While it’s part of us sticking up for ourselves a bit – we advise renters to stay away from the sales pitches. They’re going to want to get you to tack on as much additional cost to the rental transaction as possible. Meanwhile, we have to wheel and deal to get you to not only rent from us – but keep on coming back.
- We offer newer cars that are more reliable
- We offer better service and almost always at a lower cost
- We offer free transportation to and from the airport and free local customer pickup.
- Canceling and reservation changes aren’t a hassle
- And we offer a variety of off-beat low rates – rates lower than you’ll see with a national brand.
So next time you’re looking for a more flexible experience and you’re in the Pensacola area, think fondly of us and we’ll make sure we take good care of you. Don’t get tacked to the wall with fees and service at arm’s length.